Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Healthy Living ~ Day 4 ~ Bring on Thanksgiving...Almost!

Today was a decent day.  I gave into some sweet temptations early on, but then I remained pretty faithful.  I am still in the process of purging some foods such as french fries from my diet.  I know I can do this.  I walked a few minutes and did lunges, not quite ten minutes, but it was something.
Today's journal entry is about health role models you have and what tips have they offered and how helpful were they.  They suggest to call one of them up and tell them about your 21 day project and get some advice.
When I first read the question I was thinking on a grander scale such as "The Biggest Loser," specifically Jillian Michaels.  Jillian's method's may not be typical and proper "bedside" manner, so to speak, but she is not in the business of making friends.  She is in the business of making "losers," "biggest losers" that is.  From watching over the last several years, nearly every season she is on, she coaches the winner.  She is the one that shouted to this season's contestants to find their "why" and the "how" will follow.  That peice of advice allowed me to find my "why" which is to glorify God.  When I make my choices in light of that standard it makes it hard for me to go wrong.  That doesn't mean I won't fail, but when I do, I just get back up again ask for forgiveness and make another choice.
Then I realized the questions were geared to local role models.  As of right now I can think of two.  They are sweet inspirations to me and have encouraged me to continue my journey that I have begun.  Think about the people in your life, any role model, and give them a shout out.  Everyone needs to know they are appreciated once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment