Friday, November 22, 2013

The Book Junkie needs to READ!

I am a lover of words and stories.  I seem to "collect" them rather than "consume" them.  Meaning they sit on my shelf for years, before I actually crack them open and read them,  That does me no good to look at pretty little covers...eh, spines,,, of books.  They are heavy to move (trust me, I have moved them three times in the past few years).  So I have come up with a solution, an experiment of sorts.

There has been an explosion of books all over my bed at this very moment preparing for this very event.  I am in the process of taking inventory of all of the books I currently own and have within my possession.  At least the ones in my room.  This is by far not all of the books I have ever read or ever owned.  I count it a major blessing to have read as many books as I have, and own the ones I do.  

Now let's get down to the experiment.  It is in its developmental stages at the moment, and I hope I haven't taken on more than I can handle. But I will see as I progress.  The Rough Draft version of the experiment goes something like this:
1) I will read a few books a month from my stash of unread books depending on the book (I have several devotionals that require more time to finish and reflect upon)
2) I will post which books I have chosen to read and the deadline by which I want to be finished
3) I will post progress reports and tidbits or tips I have learned while reading
4) I will post a short summary of each book as I read it
5) I have a lot of books (for me anyway), but I still want to aim at completing this task within one year
6) I will not buy new books, until I have read 5 books.
7) Any new books purchased will be included in the experiment and must be read by next year

This is quite an undertaking, but I am up for the challenge and excited to see what I learn.  Happy Reading  to me.

Never say Never,


Books

No comments:

Post a Comment