Friday, November 22, 2013

Love & Logic Tickets to Success

Next up is Jim Fay, of Love and Logic, and his Tickets to Success.  Jim Fay does a great job of encapsulating his 5 step plan for responsible children.  This is a small, nearly pocket sized version of one of his most tried and true Love and Logic strategies.  He conveys his five step method in easy to understand peices giving numerous examples from his experience as a teacher and administrator for many years.
Picture
In 1977, Jim Fay founded along with Foster W. Cline MD the Love and Logic philosophy. Love and Logic teaches parents, teachers, and administrators one of the best ways to deal with children through love with empathy and logic allowing the child to own their problems. Jim Fay and his son Charles Fay, PhD travel the country and share their experiences and testimonies of how these strategies work. They also break them down into easy to implement bits for you to use.
I have a few years of teaching experience, and the Love and Logic teacher book is on my list to finish reading.  I have watched several clips, and I had the awesome privilege to meet Dr. Charles Fay in person and hear him deliver the strategies from his own experience (He is very personable and greeted me at the sign in table, and I was shocked to discover he was the speaker).
I also have the Love and Logic Parenting version as well for when that day comes for me with children, I can feel somewhat prepared.  I know that working with children can't be boiled down to a textbook or a how-to guide, but I do know that children need to be loved and this is logically one of the best ways to show love.  From personal experience as a teacher, the strategies do work, but they require practice and consistency for an effective return.
For more information on Love and Logic, check out the website: 
http://www.loveandlogic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment